Tuesday, February 16, 2010

....And on the Nth Day, Robin Rested.

It is done.

The Noro scarf for my sister is finished. And it is beautiful. I know that several of my posts here were a little frustrated, but it was more with my learning curve, and much less with the scarf itself. I've learned a lot:
  • How to create a neat, finished, slip stitch selvedge
  • How to finish the edge of a 1x1 rib so it doesn't look wavy
  • How to get around Noro's occasional sudden color change by knot
  • When to tell that the color play really needs to be pulled out and fixed. Clearly, the more contrast, the better the scarf.

I love the colors, I love the look, I love the warmth, and I love the nom. I hope my sister loves it too. I'm really glad she trusted me to knit her $$$
nom into a beautiful scarf. I'm now ready to step up to the plate and knit my own.

After Ravelympics, of course. Let's not get carried away here.

Thanks to @iAudrey for getting out her amazing magical camera and making this scarf gorgeous in the pics. You can see more of her pictures in my Noro Nom Flickr set. I can't wait for my sister to get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment